Thursday 29 January 2009

Rollers!

Today I got home from work with a dreadful headache and decided to cheer myself up with a nice spot of printing - our back room was full of late afternoon sunshine and an hour or so with a cup of tea in the company of the Adana seemed like a bright idea...

We've had a few weeks almost completely away from printing of any kind, so today was the first time I'd tried out the new rollers that Jon bought me for Christmas, as well as the sweet perpetual calender I got from ebay a couple of weeks ago (2010 calenders here we come!)

If you look carefully you might spot my mistake - if only I'd noticed at this point!

Here is the Adana with some purple ink splodged all over the ink disc -

And with the ink covering the disc -

The rollers are excellent, and make everything much easier than hand inking - although I did manage to get purple ink all over myself because I kept brushing the ink disc. The rollers also make a very satisfying pattern - hard to get in a photo though.

Here is the finished month - completely and totally backwards - Sunday, Saturday, Friday, Thursday, Wednesday, Tuesday and Monday. Argh! Oh well, that'll teach me to try and do it when I'm distracted about other things instead. Fortunately printing is so therapeutic that my headache was cured enough not to mind (much).
Ah well, I shall go and find solace in a home-made egg custard tart and ponder what kind of engravings I can make Jon do to go with my calender months...

Yet more lovely daffodils, in a bargainous vase from the Habitat sale.

5 comments:

Justin Miller said...

A little time away can sure make it hard to stay sharp.
Oh well, looks like a cool perpetual calendar. Got to get one for myself.

Forever Foxed said...

Eek!!

Am feeling rather excited today as I just ordered some Crane's Lettra paper. Can't wait for it to arrive and begin experimenting (well, maybe I'll experiment on cheaper stuff first!).

Sarah and Jon said...

Ooo nice paper Forever Foxed! I hope you enjoy experimenting on it!

Luckily I was using some not too expensive paper for the calender...

Josh said...

just found your blog. didn't notice the backwards days on the calendar print, but i caught the switch of the "12" and "21"

Sarah and Jon said...

Josh - ah, I hadn't noticed that either! I'm going to try again in a few days...