Sunday 5 October 2008

Joyeux Noel

Today has been wet, grey and cold - a good excuse to stay indoors and do some carving. We meant to start making Christmas cards much earlier this year, but as usual various things caught up with us and we've only just started!

This year we are having simple square cards with handcut lettering, done on lino. Here is a proof of the first one, 'Joyeux Noel' -

This one is done in gold ink - we've only ever printed tiny areas with it before, and I wanted to check how it looks over a bigger surface area, and it looks great (although better in person than on the computer screen...).

I've got two more blocks to carve before I start printing the cards - I would have like to finish the carving today but I managed to gouge my finger instead of the lino, so I shall be forced to spend the rest of the afternoon curled up with a book and a cup of tea instead. Never mind - remember, always cut away from you!

Our second ever blog post in December 2006 was about printing Christmas cards - at least we've got a bit further ahead this year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ouch! I've done that too in the past, and it hurts! Hope your finger heals up soon.